I am here to get #CreditForNikki because D-Bronzi was my discovery, not Ana Mari's. I could basically open a Sephora store and really am into product discovery. I also love to sleep and am not a morning person. When you bring those two truths together, you get my bare-minimum-look-alive-awake-alert-in-a-flash routine:
- Moisturizer. Whatever works for you. Wash your face, apply it, set the coffee pot on, and do a few other things while your skin soaks it in. Without this the rest of the routine really falls apart. Two of my favorites are Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet and The True Cream Aqua Bomb.
- If you feel good going sans foundation, then your step two is D-Bronzi. Take a wet Beauty Blender or the likes, put a half pump of D-Bronzi on the bottom, and bounce the sponge all around your face. If you prefer a little coverage, apply a light base of a liquid foundation (I love the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation), and then go to the D-Bronzi.
- Apply Hollywood Flawless Filter by generously swiping the wand anywhere you want to highlight. I love and am not afraid of an all-over dewy look so I swipe across my forehead, down each check bone, down my nose, and on my cupid's bow.
- Swipe a little blush up and down your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, start of your hairline across the center of your forehead, and a smidge on your chin. Think about where the sun hits your face and that's where you apply the blush. Nars puts out several limited edition blush palettes (this one is a bit bright for my liking, but still beautiful) that feature six shades and are always in my shopping basket; I have two of them and always scoop it up when I see a new one I love.
- Mascara for the top lashes. To be honest, I'm in between mascaras right now. I was a Dior Show devotee forever, but they reformulated a few years ago and I haven't found my new forever. For now, I am taking Kim Kardashian's recommendation and using L'Oreal Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara but only on my top lashes!
- Mascara for the bottom lashes. For my bottom lashes I exclusively use Blinc Mascara because I only have to walk around looking like a sad clown with mascara running down my face in the dead of winter as I ride the S and 1 trains to work to learn my lesson. This mascara tubes your lashes and won't run all over your face. Also works very well in the Miami heat.
- Lipstick or lip gloss or a coat of Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.
- If I feel like going the extra mile, I will use the eye shadows from Charlotte Tilbury's Instant Look in a Palette, which is something you should definitely own because it is hands down the best little kit to travel with.